NOTICE OF SOLICITATION OF PROPOSALS
FOR HOUSING INSPECTION SERVICES
TOWNSHIP OF MAPLE SHADE
The Township of Maple Shade is soliciting proposals from qualified individuals and firms to provide housing inspection services to the Township. The Township is initiating a program requiring inspection prior to the sale, lease or other transfer of dwelling units.
All applicants must submit six (6) copies of their proposals to Joseph Andl, Township Manager, 200 Stiles Avenue, Maple Shade, New Jersey, by 11:00 a.m., Eastern Standard Time, on June 6, 2017 at which time theTownship Manager will open all proposals submitted. Guidelines for the RFP/RFQ may be obtained from the Office of the Township Clerk, 200 Stiles Avenue, Maple Shade, New Jersey during normal business hours.
Submitting person/agency must be qualified and experienced to conduct the services in the Proposal. Those not providing written proof of required qualifications and experience will be disqualified. If awarded a contract, the contractor will be required to comply with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et seq. and N.J.A.C. 17:27.This proposal is being solicited through a fair and open process in accordance with the N.J.S.A. 19:44a-20.5 et seq.Any questions concerning this Request for Proposal, please contact Joseph Andl, Maple Shade Township Manager at 856-779-9610 x161.
Andrea T. DeGolia, Township Clerk
MAPLE SHADE TOWNSHIP
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL/REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
FOR HOUSING INSPECTION SERVICES
11:00 a.m. on June 6, 2017
Joseph Andl, Township Manager
200 Stiles Avenue
Maple Shade, New Jersey (856) 779-9610, ext. 161
PURPOSE OF REQUEST
The Township of Maple Shade is requesting submissions from qualified individuals and firms to provide housing inspection services to the Township. The Township is undertaking a housing inspection program for rental properties and residential resales requiring inspectionprior to the sale, lease or other transfer of dwelling units. At this time, it has not been determined whether the program will include rental properties of up to 4 units (i.e. include properties subject to the New Hersey Hotel and Multiple Dwelling Act (N.J.S.A. 55:13A-1, et seq.) or whether it will be limited to rental properties with a maximum of 2 units. Maple Shade currently has 240 registered rental units. There were approximately 320 residential resales in 2016. The Township is seeking proposals from vendors to implement and operate this program. The proposer would be expected to provide the inspection services as well as the related administrative services.
- A proposed schedule of compensation and the formula for calculating such compensation for both 1) a program limited to 2 units and 2) a program for properties of up to 4 units.
- The number of inspectors you have on staff and their experience and training.
- Any proposed limitation on days/hours for the inspection program.
- Staffing for scheduling of inspections and administration of program
- Any other information you deem relevant to the Township’s consideration of your proposal.
Direct your response to: Joseph Andl, Township Manager
Township of Maple Shade
200 Stiles Avenue
Maple Shade, New Jersey 08052
PERIOD OF CONTRACT
The contract will be for a one-year term.
NATURE SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Township of Maple Shade is requesting proposals for housing inspection services. The housing inspection firm must demonstrate the ability to:
- Administer housing inspections of residential rental properties in accordance with the Township Code.
- Issue certificates of rental housing inspections in accordance with the provisions of the Township Code.
- Enforce the Township’s housing ordinances pursuant to the Township Code.
- Ensure that all residential rental units have smoke detectors, portable fire extinguishers and carbon monoxide detectors as required by N.J.A.C. 5:70-4.19 and other applicable DCA rules and regulations.
- Report violations of the Township’s zoning ordinance, the Uniform Construction Code and other applicable ordinances, regulations and statutes to the Township Construction Official, the Township Zoning Official and other appropriate Township Officials.
- All inspections shall be conducted during normal working hours and shall be conducted within 72 hours of notification from the Township.
- The inspector shall issue a written report on report forms provided by the Township and shall file a copy of each report with the Township within 24 hours of the inspection.
- The successful contractor and all employees of the successful contractor shall be considered independent contractors and shall not have any employment relationship whatsoever with the Township of Maple Shade. The successful contractor shall be solely responsible for withholding taxes of its employees.
- The Contractor must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in said field.
- All inspectors must be licensed by the State of New Jersey.
- Certificates of Insurance for all coverage and renewals thereof which must name the Township of Maple Shade as an additional insured and must contain the provision that the insurance provided in the certificate shall not be canceled for any reason except after 30 days written notice to the Township. The following coverage shall be provided with minimum limits as indicated.
Professional Liability/Malpractice $1,000,000
Comprehensive General Liability $1,000,000
Comprehensive Automobile Liability $1,000,000
Workers’ Compensation Statutory Amounts
Documents required with submittal of proposal:
- Copy of Business Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Insurance
- Copy of your Certificate of Employee Information Report. If you do not have this certificate, you must apply for this through the State’s Department of Treasury by utilizing Form AA-302 and submitting the appropriate fee. A copy of the completed Form AA-302 and a copy of your check must be submitted with your proposal.
- Disclosure of Investment Activities with Iran, P.L. 2012, C.25
PLEASE NOTE, FAILURE TO SUBMIT ITEMS 1 THROUGH 4 WITH YOUR PROPOSAL WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISMISS YOUR PROPOSAL FROM CONSIDERATION.
Documents required to be submitted after award of contract:
- Signed mandatory Affirmative Action Language.
Each submission must satisfy the objectives and requirements detailed in this RFP. The successful Housing Inspection Firm(s) shall be determined by an evaluation of the total content of the Proposals submitted. The Township reserves the right to not select any of the submissions. The Township reserves the right to reject any of the contractor’s proposed inspectors.
- Relevance and extent of experience, reputation and training of personnel to be assigned
- Knowledge of the Township of Maple Shade and the subject matter to be addressed under this engagement
- Relevance and extent of similar engagements performed
- Statement of Proposal contains all required information
- Any other factors that the Township Council, in its sole discretion, feels are appropriate.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Township reserves the right to reject any or all submissions, if necessary or to waive any informalities in the submissions, and unless otherwise specified by the Housing Inspection Firm, to accept any item, items or services in the submissions should it be deemed in the best interest of the Township to do so. The Township reserves the right to interview proposers.
- The Housing Inspection Firm shall maintain sufficient insurance as set forth above to protect against all claims under Workmen’s Compensation, General, and Automobile Liability.
- Submissions may be hand delivered or mailed. In the case of mailed submissions, the Township assumes no responsibility for submissions received after the designated date and time and will return late submissions unopened. Submissions will not be accepted by facsimile or email.
- Should any difference arise between the contracting parties as to the meaning or intent of these instructions or specifications, the Township’s decision shall be final and conclusive.
- The Township shall not be responsible for any expenditure of monies or other expenses incurred by the Housing Inspection Firm.
- Housing Inspection Firm shall be subject to and shall comply with all State and Township pay-to-play statutes, ordinances and regulations.
TOWNSHIP OF MAPLE SHADE
DISCLOSURE OF INVESTMENT ACTIVITIES IN IRAN
Page 1 of 2
Pursuant to Public Law 2012, c. 25, any person or entity that submits a bid or proposal or otherwise proposes to enter into or renew a contract must complete the certification below to attest, under penalty of perjury, that the person or entity, or one of the person or entity’s parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates, is not identified on a list created and maintained by the NJ Department of the Treasury as a person or entity engaging in investment activities in Iran. If the Director of the NJ Department of Treasury finds a person or entity to be in violation of the principles which are the subject of this law, he/she shall take action as may be appropriate and provided by law, rule or contract, including but not limited to, imposing sanctions, seeking compliance, recovering damages, declaring the party in default and seeking debarment or suspension of the person or entity.
I certify, pursuant to Public Law 2012, c. 25, that the person or entity listed above for which I am authorized to bid/renew:
□ is not providing goods or services of $20,000,000 or more in the energy sector of Iran,
including a person or entity that provides oil or liquefied natural gas tankers, or products used to construct or maintain pipelines used to transport oil or liquefied natural gas, for the energy sector of Iran, AND
□ is not a financial institution that extends $20,000,000 or more in credit to another
person or entity, for 45 days or more, if that person or entity will use the credit to provide goods or services in the energy sector in Iran.
In the event that a person or entity is unable to make the above certification because itor one of its parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates has engaged in the above-referenced activities, a detailed, accurate and precise description of the activities must be provided in part 2 below to the Township of Bordentown under penalty of perjury. Failure to provide such will result in the proposal being rendered as non-responsive and appropriate penalties, fines and/or sanctions will be assessed as provided by law.
PART 2 is required to be completed if both certification boxes in PART 1 were not certified.
|PART 2: PLEASE PROVIDE FURTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO INVESTMENT ACTIVITIES IN IRAN
You must provide a detailed, accurate and precise description of the activities of the bidding person/entity, or one of its parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, engaged in the investment activities in Iran outlined above be completing the section below.
PLEASE PROVIDE THOROUGH ANSWERS TO EACH QUESTION. IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL ROOM, ADD ADDITIONAL PAGES.
Name___________________________ Relationship to Bidder/Offeror_____________________
Description of Activities___
Duration of Engagement____________________ Anticipated Cessation Date______________
|PART 3: CERTIFICATION SIGNATURE:
Certification: I, being duly sworn upon my oath, hereby represent and state that the foregoing information and any attachments thereto to the best of my knowledge are true and complete. I attest that I am authorized to execute this certification on behalf of the above-referenced person or entity. I acknowledge that the Township of Bordentown is relying on the information contained herein and thereby acknowledge that I am under a continuing obligation from the date of this certification through the completion of any contracts with the Township of Bordentown to notify the Township of Bordentown in writing of any changes to the answers of information contained herein. I acknowledge that I am aware that it is a criminal offense to make a false statement or misrepresentation in this certification, and if I do so, I recognize that I am subject to criminal prosecution under the law and that it will also constitute a material breach of my agreement(s) with the Township of Bordentown and that the Township of Bordentown at its option may declare any contract(s) resulting from this certification void and unenforceable. Parts 1 and 3 or Parts 2 and 3 must be completed and signed to be responsive to the specifications. Failure to complete Parts 1 and 3 or Parts 2 and 3 will render the bid non-responsive and the bid shall not be considered for an award.
Signature Print Name