Maple Shade Public Works
Director of Public Works
856-779-9610 ext. 221
620 Cutler Avenue
Maple Shade, NJ 08052
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
TRASH COLLECTION HELPFUL INFORMATION
Friendly Trash Reminders:
- Trash should be placed curbside no earlier than 6PM the day before collection & no later than 6:30AM the day of collection.
- Trash should be placed in a metal, rubber or plastic watertight container not exceeding 34 gallons’ capacity.
- Use of disposable polyethylene or paper bags designed for garbage or rubbish may be used, but bags MUST be sealed/closed at the top.
- Any wood/lumber should be tied securely in a bundle not exceeding 3-feet in length and not weigh more than 40 lbs. All nails and screws MUST be removed!
- Mattresses MUST be wrapped in plastic or placed in a plastic mattress bag.
- Mattress bags are available at local hardware stores, home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowes, and online at Amazon.
- NO METAL of any kind will be collected. Metal MUST be removed from any furniture.
- Remove drawers from furniture and place separately at curbside.
- House clean-outs, garage clean-outs or large construction project debris will NOT be collected.
Please contact Public Works at 856-779-9610 ext. 221 or 113 with any questions.
WHAT IS ACCEPTED AT THE PUBLIC WORKS FACILITY?
Residential Only / No Businesses
- Bagged Leaves (only)
- Tree Debris
- Old Paint/Antifreeze
- Waste Oil (No 50-Gallon Drums)
- Electronics (e.g., TV’s, Computers)
- Loose Grass Clippings
(Grass Clippings are to be put out/or Regular Trash Pick-up)
- Bulk Trash
- Construction Material of Any Kind
- Concrete/Cinder Blocks or Bricks
- Removal of debris from replacement of a privacy fence
(chain-link, stockade, etc.) is the responsibility of contractor/homeowner.
Call Public Works at 856-779-9610 ext. 221 with any questions prior to bringing any items to the Public Works facility.
2020 FALL LEAF COLLECTION INFORMATION
Please see the LEAF COLLECTION FLYER for more information pertaining to SPECIFIC COLLECTION ZONES (based on trash collection day) & DATES
TWO CONVENIENT OPTIONS FOR PROPERLY DISPOSING OF LEAVES:
Option 1: Leaf Drop-Off at the Department of Public Works Facility
- Must be BAGGED – no branches or debris mixed with leaves
- Leaf Drop-Off Times: Mon – Fri 7AM – 3PM & Sat 9AM – 1PM
Option 2: Curbside Leaf Collection
- Place leaves curbside by 6AM on the 1st day of your zone’s collection period
- Do NOT bag for curbside pick-up. Place them loosely.
- Do NOT place brush, branches, grass clippings, yard debris with leaves.
- Per NJ Storm Water Management Regulations, leaves cannot be placed near the gutter more than 7 days in advance of the scheduled pick-up and NOT be placed closer than 10-feet to a storm drain.
GRASS CLIPPINGS/ YARD DEBRIS COLLECTION -
Spring & Summer 2020
- ONLY place in 30-gallon lawn bag
- 30-gallon lawn bag should only be filled HALFWAY
- Do NOT exceed 3-4 lawn bags per collection
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE GRASS CLIPPINGS AND/OR YARD DEBRIS IN ANY TRASH CANS OR TOTES!
- CONTRACTORS AND LANDSCAPERS ARE PROHIBITED FROM DUMPING DEBRIS AT THE MAPLE SHADE TOWNSHIP PUBLIC WORKS GARAGE ON CUTLER AVENUE
- DUMPING WHEN FACILITY IS CLOSED IS PROHIBITED
- DUMPING AT ROUTE 73 LEAF SITE IS PROHIBITED
- VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED