Maple Shade Public Works
Director of Public Works
856-779-9610 ext. 221
620 Cutler Avenue
Maple Shade, NJ 08052
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
2020 FALL LEAF COLLECTION INFORMATION
Please see the LEAF COLLECTION FLYER for more information pertaining to SPECIFIC COLLECTION ZONES (based on trash collection day) & DATES
TWO CONVENIENT OPTIONS FOR PROPERLY DISPOSING OF LEAVES:
Option 1: Leaf Drop-Off at the Department of Public Works Facility
- Must be BAGGED – no branches or debris mixed with leaves
- Leaf Drop-Off Times: Mon – Fri 7AM – 3PM & Sat 9AM – 1PM
Option 2: Curbside Leaf Collection
- Place leaves curbside by 6AM on the 1st day of your zone’s collection period
- Do NOT bag for curbside pick-up. Place them loosely.
- Do NOT place brush, branches, grass clippings, yard debris with leaves.
- Per NJ Storm Water Management Regulations, leaves cannot be placed near the gutter more than 7 days in advance of the scheduled pick-up and NOT be placed closer than 10-feet to a storm drain.
GRASS CLIPPINGS/ YARD DEBRIS COLLECTION - Spring & Summer 2020
- ONLY place in 30-gallon lawn bag
- 30-gallon lawn bag should only be filled HALFWAY
- Do NOT exceed 3-4 lawn bags per collection
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE GRASS CLIPPINGS AND/OR YARD DEBRIS IN ANY TRASH CANS OR TOTES!
- CONTRACTORS AND LANDSCAPERS ARE PROHIBITED FROM DUMPING DEBRIS AT THE MAPLE SHADE TOWNSHIP PUBLIC WORKS GARAGE ON CUTLER AVENUE
- DUMPING WHEN FACILITY IS CLOSED IS PROHIBITED
- DUMPING AT ROUTE 73 LEAF SITE IS PROHIBITED
- VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED
Accepted at Public Works Garage?
Residential Only / No Businesses
- Bagged Leaves (only)
- Tree Debris
- Old Paint/Antifreeze
- Waste Oil (No 50-Gallon Drums)
- Electronics (e.g., TV’s, Computers)
- Bagged or Loose Grass
(Grass Clippings are to be put out/or Regular Trash Pick-up)
- Bulk Trash
- Construction Material of Any Kind
- Concrete/Cinder Blocks or Bricks
- Removal of debris from replacement of a privacy fence
(chain-link, stockade, etc.) is the responsibility of contractor/homeowner.